I'm just a sports junkie trying to spread my "Sportsledge" to anyone that will listen. I'll try to be as objective and unbiased as possible but as we all know we bleed the colors of our favorite teams.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

UFC 117

If you know me by now, you would know that I am extremly pumped for this weekend. It is a big weekend in the world of my new found obsession, the UFC. This Saturday in Oakland, California the UFC is presenting UFC 117. The card is friggen loaded. The card features a title fight and 2 #1 contender fights. I've got to say, i'm really looking forward to the Roy Nelson/Junior Dos Santos heavyweight bout. The winner of this fight gets Brock Lesnar (lets not kid ourselves Brock is going to smash Cain in October). Back to the card on hand. In Roy Nelson you get an "Everyday" man that looks like he just left Burger King after eating a double whopper. Dos Santos is on a tear of demolishing anything that gets in front of him. Got to say he is a heck of a fighter. The main event is Anderson "The Spider" Silva vs. Chael Sonnen. The lead up to this fight has been great. Chael is the closest thing to a professional wrestling "HEEL" as there is (by the way I love pro wrestling as well). Ufortunatly he has pissed off someone that many consider to be the best MMA fighter in the world. Silva is looking to shut Chael up with a 1st round KO, which i see happening. On to my predictions.
Silva by 1st Rd. KO
Fitch unanimous decision
Dos Anjos 3rd Rd submission
Almeida 2nd Rd submission
Dos Santos 1st Rd. KO
Hazlett 3rd Rd. Sub
Davis unanimous decision
Boetsch 2nd Rd KO
Hendricks unanimous decision
Struve 3rd Rd Sub
Saunders unanimous decision
Let me know what you guys think.

No comments:

Post a Comment